John Cord has worked exclusively as a personal injury lawyer for his entire legal career. He is experienced in automobile and trucking accidents, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation and product liability.
He has been nominated as a “Rising Star” by his peers in the Maryland’s Super Lawyers for the past three years. He is a on the Board of Governors of the Maryland Association for Justice, and currently co-chairs the Sponsorship/Marketing Committee, and the New Lawyers’ Section.
A prolific author, Mr. Cord has published over fifteen articles in the Trial Reporter, a publication distributed quarterly to over one thousand Maryland Plaintiff’s attorneys. He has also written for the American Association for Justice’s Trial publication, and regularly writes for the Maryland Daily Record’s Generation J.D. blog. He also frequently lectures for other lawyers, including the Maryland Association for Justice, the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington D.C., and the American Association for Justice.
John Cord lives in Baltimore City with his wife and two children. He is a foster parent for the Baltimore City Department of Social Services.
University of Baltimore School of Law, Aug 2002 to May 2003
University of Colorado School of Law, Aug 2000 to May 2003
University of Denver, Aug 1996 to June 2000
Phi Beta Kappa, Bachelor of Arts in English and Political Science
District of Columbia
Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Maryland Association for Justice
Member Since: 2003 to Present
- Board of Governors (2007-2012)
- Executive Committee (2008-2009)
- Co-Chair, Sponsorship & Marketing Committee (2011-2012)
- Chair, Education & Programs Committee (2008-2011)
- Chair, Technology Committee (2007-2008)
- Chair, New Lawyers’ Section (2005-2007, 2011-present)
- Member, Leader’s Forum (2006 to present)
- Regular author for LegalTech column of quarterly Trial Reporter magazine
American Association for Justice
Member Since: 2003 to present
- Westlaw/LexisNexis certified
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Professional
- CaseMap, TextMap, TimeMap, TrialDirector